Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torrey Smith wants Eric Reid on the Carolina Panthers and so do
03-15-2019, 06:37 AM,
Torrey Smith wants Eric Reid on the Carolina Panthers and so do
I I’ll say it again Carolina Panthers Womens Hoodie , Torrey Smith wants Eric Reid to be his teammate on the Carolina Panthers and so do I. Reid is unequivocally the best available player in free agency at a position of inarguable need. You obviously came here for Smith’s opinion on the subject, so here it is:Reid has been out of the NFL since his contract expired at the end of last season. Maybe it is just a coincidence that he remains unsigned after he joined his former teammate Colin Kaepernick in kneeling as a form of respectful, non-violent protest during the national anthem preceding their NFL games.New Panthers owner David Tepper apparently believes that actions like Reid’s are patriotic, though he did not speak about the free agent safety specifically. Regardless, the Panthers have two potential character witnesses —Tepper and Smith—to vouch for Reid the person and five years of game tape on the former first round pick to recommend Reid the player.The only legitimate concern that teams have expressed about Reid’s ability to play football regards his history with concussions. It’s not a great history, but it is also currently an accepted part of the game. The Panthers can’t pretend to be worried about concussions as a prohibitive concern with defensive play makers and still trot Luke Kuechly onto the field every Sunday. They burned all of their credit for hypocrisy when their owner was forced out over sexual harassment allegations after preaching the ethics of respect and class for twenty years. Colin Jones and Rashaan Gaulden might make decent depth at safety for 2018. Gaulden, a rookie Womens Customized Carolina Panthers Jerseys , might even grow into becoming the future of the position for the Panthers. Jones isn’t even the past of the position. He is a special teams tackler. Neither of them, certainly, are the present. The Panthers need to do more than sign Dezmen Southward to their practice squad to address the loss of Da’Norris Searcy for the season. The easiest way to do that also happens to be the most effective: sign Eric Reid. The Panthers traditionally put a lot of focus on Senior Bowl week and the players that stand out. Take for example, cornerback James Bradberry and defensive tackle Vernon Butler. Both players caught the Panthers eye in 2016 with a good week of practice and then a couple nice plays in the game itself. So far I’d call that a 50% hit rate. Bradberry has become a solid starter while Butler has been a disappointment. This after NFL analyst Mike Mayock compared Butler to Linval Joseph, Michael Brockers and Muhammed Wilkerson. [ah hem] How does Mayock keep his job? Oh wait, I forgot the Raiders hired another TV personality in Mayock, this time as general manager. Jon Gruden and Mayock or now running the Raiders. What could go wrong? But I digress...I’m here to simply say don’t overlook this value of this game. The Panthers have in the past drafted a player in the first round basically because that player played well during this week long evaluation event. Hey Authentic Christian McCaffrey Jersey , Butler could surprise us with a break season in his fourthseason, his first contract year.Getting back to 2019 here are five players that played well throughout the week that should interest the Panthers. I already mentioned potential first round pick defensive end Montez Sweat earlier but here is a little more on Sweat and his NFL comparison.Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi StateHere’s a local kid that is getting second round pick buzz. Deebo Samuel , WR, South CarolinaWhile we are talking about local kids I really thought Clemson wide receiver Hunter Renfro played well in the actual game. Renfro lead the South team with five catches for 63 yards, a couple which were clutch third down catches. Renfro has great hands http://www.pantherscheapshop.com/cheap-a...rey-jersey , runs good routes and could be a very good possession type receiver in the NFL. Charles Omenihu, DE, TexasOmenihu looks like a mid round pick in the 3rd to 5th round range. Another mid round prospect is this offensive tackle from Kansas State.Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas StateSo keep an eye on these guys going forward. They all play positions of need for the Panthers. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Panthers draft a player or two from this game.