Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Eagles have played two preseason games
11-08-2019, 04:23 AM,
The Eagles have played two preseason games
and they’ve seen their starting quarterback go down with an injury in each of them.Nate Sudfeld will be out for several weeks after breaking his left wrist in the opener and Cody Kessler is in the concussion protocol after getting hurt on the first drive of Thursday’s game against the Jaguars. That leaves rookie Clayton Thorson as the only healthy option behind Carson Wentz.Thorson went 16-of-26 for 175 yards against Jacksonville Herman Edwards Jerseys 2019 , which earned a compliment from head coach Doug Pederson even as he said that the team will take another look at a potential addition to the depth chart.“We’ll evaluate Cody tomorrow and again over the weekend, but we’re going to get through the next few days,” Pederson said. “Obviously, really excited for Clayton tonight. We’re just going to evaluate where we are and make a decision as we go.”There’s plenty of time for Kessler to clear the protocol before the regular season, although the nature of concussions makes it all but impossible to make that a certainty. That may open the door for a roster move Black Brian Westbrook Jerseys , if only to ensure there’s enough arms active for joint practices with the Ravens next week. Usually, when you ask a young player to name his favorite player in the NFL, he’ll name someone who plays his own position, or maybe a big star like Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes. Alabama defensive lineman Quinnen Williams is a little different.Williams said on that Eagles center Jason Kelce is his favorite player. Williams spends a lot of time studying interior line play and consistently finds that Kelce is the center who plays the game at the highest level, and Williams figures if he studies Kelce closely enough to learn everything he does Brian Westbrook Jerseys 2019 , he’ll be prepared for any center he faces.“My favorite football player is Jason Kelce, so going up against him is going to be crazy. I’ve looked up to him, I’ve watched everything he does,” Williams said. “He’s the real deal. I’ve gone against a lot of centers, and I watch Jason Kelce film Black Wilbert Montgomery Jerseys , study him, learn his technique, learn the things he does, and then I can defeat other centers. . . . He’s my favorite player.”That’s an unusual answer, but one NFL teams will love: A player who’s passionate enough about the game that he so thoroughly studies line play in the NFL is a player who has the right mental approach to football.