Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shane Lechler retired this week after sitting
09-12-2019, 05:32 AM,
Shane Lechler retired this week after sitting
He didn’t have to call it quits Cody Ford Jersey , though, getting calls from the Vikings, Steelers and Chargers after the Texans cut him in favor of rookie Trevor Daniel on Sept. 1.“I had plenty of opportunities Devin Singletary Jersey ,” Lechler said Monday, via John McClain of the . “. . .I just didn’t want to do it anymore. I was content with ‘I’m done.’”Lechler, 42 Dawson Knox Jersey , finished his 18 seasons first in NFL history in yards per punt average at 47.6 and second in total yards with 68,676. He made seven Pro Bowls, earned six All-Pro nods and was on the NFL’s All-Decade Team for the 2000s.Could the Hall of Fame be the next stop for Lechler?He becomes eligible in four years and one day could join another former Raiders punter Brian Burns Jersey , Ray Guy, as the only players at the position with busts in Canton.“That would be amazing,” Lechler said. “I think Ray got in 14 years with the Raiders. I got in 13. That’s 27 years of punting in Oakland for the two of us.“If you make the Hall of Fame Greg Little Jersey , you’ve made the last team you need to make. I’m not going to lie to you. That’s something out of my control. I put in the work, and we’ll just have to wait and see if it’s good enough.” After the Browns signed running back Kareem Hunt last month, General Manager John Dorsey was asked if the team would be looking to trade Duke Johnson to clear some space in a suddenly crowded running back group.Dorsey said that Johnson was not “expendable yet Will Grier Jersey ,” but it appears that answer has not caused other teams to shy away from letting the Browns know of their interest. Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com reports that at least three teams spoke to the Browns at the Scouting Combine about a potential deal for Johnson.Moving from interest to action might require more certainty about when Hunt will be able to play in a game for Cleveland. A suspension is expected to be handed down by the league office, but a league spokesman told Cabot that there is currently no timeline for a decision about how long a ban Hunt will face for the violent incidents that led to his release from the Chiefs and placement on the Commissioner Exempt list last year.Johnson ran 40 times for 201 yards and caught 47 passes for 429 yards last year. He’s set to make $1.8 million in base salary in 2019.