Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seahawks Shaquill Griffin Jersey
03-21-2019, 05:18 AM,
Seahawks Shaquill Griffin Jersey
Paul Richardson http://www.authenticsseattleseahawks.com...ngo-jersey , a former second round pick of the Seahawks who had 703 yards for Seattle in 2017 and left in free agency to join Washington, is headed to injured reserve according to several reports on Monday. Richardson will have surgery on his AC joint. Washington also lost it’s two starting guards.Richardson was slow to get going during his rookie season in 2014, but started to show progress at year’s end only to tear his ACL in a playoff game against Carolina. That injury forced Richardson to miss the first eight games of 2015 and just one game into his return he suffered a hamstring issue that caused him to sit out for the rest of the year. Richardson returned in 2016 but was mostly an afterthought at receiver up until he started showing up and making big plays in Seattle’s quest for a fifth straight playoff appearance; he made one of the most unbelievable touchdown catches in NFL history against the Detroit Lions and had 83 yards in the Seahawks divisional round loss to the Atlanta Falcons.The trade of Jermaine Kearse in 2017 opened the door for Richardson to start and he contributed 44 catches for 703 yards and six touchdowns. The numbers were decent for Seattle’s offense, but Richardson’s highlights only tease at a ceiling that has never really materialized. The team opted to let him leave in free agency without a fight and Washington inked him to a five-year deal worth up to $40 million. Richardson had $12.5 million guaranteed at signing Youth Shaquem Griffin Jersey , including a $10 million signing bonus, a $1.5 million base salary for 2018, and $1 million guaranteed for 2019. In reality, Washington’s going to have little financial gain to release Richardson any sooner than 2021 Seahawks Tre Flowers Jersey , putting him squarely in the team’s plans for 2019 regardless. It may seem too early to even bring up what Washington’s options are for parting ways with Richardson, but given the historical context in regards to injuries and his lackluster contributions to Jay Gruden’s offense so far (20 catches for 262 yards and two touchdowns over eight games), this deal is off to a rough start.Of course, this is disappointing news for everyone Seahawks Shaquill Griffin Jersey , and I hope Richardson returns healthy at the start of 2019 to prove he can still put all the pieces together.K.J. Wright injury: Should Pete Carroll be “ashamed” of waiting to report news? Seattle Seahawks linebacker K.J. Wright is having his knee scoped this week, as was reported earlier on Monday. The surgery has the Pro Bowl outside linebacker out indefinitely — meaning he could miss a week and be ready for the Denver Broncos in the season opener, or he could be out much longer if the news turns out to be quite bad. We should know more soon, but head coach Pete Carroll was certainly aware of some goings on after the Minnesota Vikings game on Friday Seahawks Nick Vannett Jersey , so should he have notified the public earlier? Our own John Fraley certainly thinks so.I’m not sure if I agree with John, if only because I’m not sure what Carroll or the team knew after the game and if they thought it was going to turn out to be a bigger problem that required a scope. I also don’t know if strategically it’s smarter for teams to keep these things quiet until absolutely necessary. I’m also not even sure if it’s doing a favor to Wright — a free agent in 2019 — to try and keep any injury a secret until it turns to the point where they can no longer try and hide that he’s missing practices and possibly a game; I’m sure Wright doesn’t want teams to think he’s got knee issues now. The Seahawks know first hand that there can heavy penalties for keeping injuries a secret, and eventually it had to be said.But should it have been said earlier? I leave it up to you to discuss and vote.