Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manaea was regularly hitting 93 and 94 mph with his fastball.His injury couldn't come
02-01-2019, 05:53 AM,
Manaea was regularly hitting 93 and 94 mph with his fastball.His injury couldn't come
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Vin Scully has made a rare public appearance at Dodger Stadium to help honor fellow Hall of Famer Jaime Jarrin.The Spanish-language broadcaster was inducted into the team’s Ring of Honor Richie Ashburn Jersey , with his name joining Scully and such Dodgers greats as Sandy Koufax, Jackie Robinson and Roy Campanella on Friday night.Scully greeted the pregame crowd with his trademark phrase: “Hi, everybody, and a very pleasant good evening to you.”A roar went up before Los Angeles hosted San Diego.“I haven’t said it in two years Chuck Klein Jersey , so I just thought I’d like to hear it one last time,” Scully said, smiling.He retired two years ago, ending a 67-year run behind the mic for the Dodgers http://www.philliesfanproshop.com/authen...oxx-jersey , the longest tenure of any broadcaster with the same team in pro sports.Scully turns 91 in November. Jason O. Watson/Getty ImagesThe Oakland Athletics placed starting pitcher Sean Manaea on the 10-day disabled list with a left shoulder impingement, the team announced Sunday.The San Francisco Chronicle's Susan Slusser reported Manaea is set to undergo an MRI in the Bay Area to determine the severity of the injury.Manaea is 12-9 with a 3.59 ERA in 27 starts this season.Slusser had previously noted his velocity was trending downward for some time, which can be an indication of shoulder issues.According to Brooks Baseball, he's averaging 90.6 mph on his fastball in August Darren Daulton Jersey , which is a career low for a single month. During the 2016 season, Manaea was regularly hitting 93 and 94 mph with his fastball.His injury couldn't come at a worse time as the A's try to catch the Houston Astros in the American League West鈥攐r at the very least secure a wild-card berth. Oakland is 1.5 games back of the Astros and five games up on the Seattle Mariners for the final wild-card spot.Before losing Manaea for at least the next week and change, pitching was the Athletics' biggest question mark. According to FanGraphs, Oakland starters are 17th in FIP (4.27). That number isn't terrible but less than ideal for a team with postseason ambitions.So far http://www.philliesfanproshop.com/authen...nco-jersey , the patchwork Athletics rotation has defied expectations.Andrew Simon AndrewSimonMLBSince July 30, the fearsome foursome of Edwin Jackson, Trevor Cahill, Mike Fiers and Brett Anderson has made 15 starts for the As.The result? 93 IP Tim McCarver Jersey , 1.26 ERA.I mean, what?Maintaining that over the stretch run won't be easy, especially if Manaea's shoulder injury keeps him out for an extended period of time.