Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JRE not found (Java 8)
06-27-2018, 11:34 AM,
JRE not found (Java 8)
Hello,

I upgraded Java to Java 8. I upgraded OO to 4.1.3 (AOO413m1(Build:9783) - Rev. 1761381
Since then anytime I enter " = " to start typing a formula in Calc OO crashes with the following message:
"OpenOffice requires a Java runtime environment (JRE) to perform this task. The selected JRE is defective. Please select another version or install a new JRE and select it under Tools - Options - OpenOffice - Java."
then
" Could not create a JRE implementation loader" (fatal error)
then
OO closes entirely.
So, 
1) I tried to get OO to recognize JRE but OO doesn't see my installed JRE (no version listed under "Java runtime environment already installed".
2) I then click on "Add" to find the path in C/ under which Java is installed but OO responds with "The folder you selected does not contain a JRE... Pls select a different folder". I am POSITIVE that I am pointing to the right folder - I see it in Windows Explorer.
3) I uninstalled Java 8 and reinstalled. Reboots in between. 
Anyone knows why OO4.1.3 doesn't "see" java.exe in the folder I point it to???

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/vi...=9&t=85667
Infographic Video Service

Thank you
03-04-2019, 07:14 PM,
RE: JRE not found (Java 8)
I wish you'll create more helpful articles in the future. Stop the collection calls
05-08-2019, 06:22 AM,
RE: JRE not found (Java 8)
Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide 3d mink eyelash vendors credit and sources back to your weblog? My blog site is in the very same area of interest as yours and my users would definitely benefit from a lot of the information you provide here. Please let me mink lash extensions know if this okay with you. Thanks!