Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I choose a translation agency?
07-04-2020, 12:23 AM,
How do I choose a translation agency?
I am looking for a company to translate documentation from Italian to English. I need official translations of documents
07-04-2020, 11:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2020, 06:46 PM by yiyagor.)
RE: How do I choose a translation agency?
I can recommend contacting you in Littera https://www.littera.com/en/
This agency provides official written and oral translation services around the world. If necessary, your documents can be notarized
08-20-2020, 10:03 PM,
RE: How do I choose a translation agency?
I believe this must have been answered many times before, so I will be brief. First, look for an agency that has plenty of experience doing exactly the same sort of translation work you need done. Next speak with several agencies and determine if they understand what you want to do and their rates. If you give them the material you want translated, they should give you a firm quote with word count and the amount of repetition contained in that material. They should not charge for the repetition. Request that the material not be Machine Translated, but only human translated unless of course the material is very big and is not sensitive to errors. You can also ask for Machine Translation with post-editing, which will improve the accuracy, but will still have minor issues. If the material has marketing content, then it can only be human translated and you can consider trans-creation, which means it will be re-written into the target language by experts in doing this.

At this point if you have spoken with at least three or four agencies, you can select one of them to do the work. If the material is very important to be exactly correct, you might also take the source and target translation to yet another company and ask them to review that translation for inaccuracies. That can be done very cheaply. For example around 2 to 5 cents per word.