Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For better or for worse
03-14-2019, 05:03 AM,
For better or for worse
WASHINGTON (AP) Adidas Noah Hanifin Jersey , Washington Capitals forward Tom Wilson is an expert when it comes to knowing what the NHL looks for when punishing someone for a dangerous hit, and he thinks Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Anton Stralman could be in trouble.Wilson, who served a three-game suspension earlier this postseason, spoke out about the way Stralman slammed him into the glass in the first period of what turned into a 4-2 victory for Tampa Bay over Washington in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference final on Tuesday night.Stralman was sent to the penalty box for boarding on the play.”It’s a vulnerable position. There’s no doubt there’s contact with my head. If I’m wearing a helmet from five years ago, I think I’m probably unconscious. So we’ll see what they say,” Wilson said, referring to the possibility of the league’s department of player safety reviewing the matter.On the play, Wilson was facing the glass not too far from the Capitals’ bench when Stralman hit him from behind. Wilson dropped to the ice and put his right glove to his helmet.After the game, which allowed the Lightning to cut their series deficit to 2-1, Wilson talked about the ”goose egg on the side of my head” and acknowledged Adidas Alan Quine Jersey , ”It took me a little bit to collect myself.”He said the hit included ”everything I’ve heard all year: He sees (jersey) numbers for a good amount of time, and he elevates through the back of my shoulder and head.”Capitals coach Barry Trotz referred to those as ”red flags,” and added, ”I understand where Tom’s coming from, no question.””That’s a lot of `don’ts’ for me. From what they’ve been telling me, that’s a lot of `don’ts.’ If I make that hit, 100 percent I’m probably sitting out. So we’ll see. It’s playoffs. It’s an intense time of year,” Wilson said. ”I don’t think he’s a malicious player, at all. But it’s a pretty dangerous hit. I think a lot of people will say that.”The game was scoreless at the time of that hit, but Tampa Bay would go on to take a 3-0 lead en route to the victory. Wilson thought that Stralman’s play might have set a tone that affected the way play went.”(When) someone gets run from behind Adidas Dougie Hamilton Jersey , for the next couple shifts, you might be a little more tentative coming back for pucks,” Wilson said. ”We’ve got to play through it. There’s going to be emotion.”Senior vice president of player safety George Parros was at Tuesday’s game. During the season, Parros and Wilson met for about an hour to go over video clips of various hits so the player could understand what the league is watching for.During Washington’s elimination of two-time reigning Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh in the second round of the playoffs, Wilson missed three games after breaking Penguins rookie Zach Aston-Reese’s jaw in a violent collision.Wilson also was forced to sit out two preseason games following a late hit on an opponent, then was suspended for the first four games of the regular season for boarding a player shortly after his return.— WASHINGTON (AP) — Boston Bruins players could feel themselves making progress in recent games against the Washington Capitals even as the losses piled up.All it took was finishing one play, a commitment to team defense and a handful of timely saves by Tuukka Rask for the Bruins to end their 14-game skid against the defending Stanley Cup champions with a 1-0 victory Sunday. Boston beat Washington for the first time since March 29, 2014, and its 14 consecutive victories against Arizona are now the longest active winning streak against one opponent in the NHL.“We’ve had some tight games,” said Rask Adidas Julien Gauthier Jersey , who made 24 saves for just his second career victory in 19 appearances against Washington. “It’s one of those things that just happens in sports where you get into these streaks of either winning or losing and at some point they’re going to snap.”Thanks to David Krejci’s goal, the Bruins snapped their three-game skid and handed the Capitals their eighth loss in nine games.Outscored 45-21 during their 14-game run of futility, the Bruins dominated the Capitals in almost all facets of the game and would have blown them out if not for the play of goaltender Braden Holtby, who made 37 saves. Holtby was helpless to stop Krejci’s shot on a one-timer after a tic-tac-toe puck movement and a cross-ice pass from Torey Krug midway through the second.Rask earned “TUUK!” chants rom Bruins fans in attendance, no louder than when he flashed the glove to snare a shot from Travis Boyd in the slot in the third period. The Finnish goalie picked up his 253rd career victory to take over first place on the Bruins’ all-time list.“He was in control all night,” coach Bruce Cassidy said. “We were pretty clean in front of him there till the end, and when we weren’t, he was there for us. Happy for him, I think the guys in the room are as well and hopefully he keeps building on it.”Boston defenseman Brandon Carlo didn’t believe there was necessarily a theme or specific problem that led to such a lopsided stretch against Washington and thought his team was getting closer to breaking through. Afterward, captain Zdeno Chara said the Bruins “finally” got the win against Washington.In many ways Adidas Petr Mrazek Jersey , the Capitals had themselves to blame.Fed up by mental mistakes, Capitals coach Todd Reirden used ice time as a weapon to punish players. He benched Evgeny Kuznetsov and Dmitrij Jaskin for much of the first period after each took a penalty and Andre Burakovsky for the first few minutes of the second for a defensive-zone turnover that almost led to a goal.Washington leads the league with 191 minor penalties.“I think as you get past the All-Star break and you start making a push toward the playoffs, that’s an area we have to get better in, as we’ve taken far too many minor penalties with our sticks,” Reirden said. “We have to be more disciplined if we’re going to have success moving forward from here, and I thought the last 30 games is a good time to implement that.”Alex Ovechkin returned to the lineup after being forced to sit out Friday against Calgary for skipping All-Star Weekend. Ovechkin powered around Chara for a scoring chance in the first period but couldn’t crack Rask. He will need to wait at least one more game to pass Sergei Fedorov for the most points by a Russian player.“I’m so happy he didn’t get it on me,” Rask said. “I didn’t know that. That would’ve been in my head if I knew that. That’s good. I’m not facing them again, so that’s good.”NOTES: Capitals C Lars Eller was out with a lower-body injury that caused him to leave Friday’s game against Calgary. … D Christian Djoos began a two-game conditioning assignment with Hershey of the American Hockey League. … Boston improved to 14-4-2 on Super Bowl Sunday, third in the NHL in such victories behind Montreal and Washington. … Bruins center Patrice Bergeron played his 999th regular-season game.UP NEXTBruins: Host former Capitals coach Barry Trotz and the Metropolitan Division-leading New York Islanders on Tuesday.Capitals: Host Calder Trophy front-runner Elias Pettersson and the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday.
03-19-2019, 11:11 PM,
RE: For better or for worse
Shoe Net, Dec. 17, a christian louboutin sale few days ago, Li Yifeng nike store and Wu Yifan, two big red bottom shoes men, both wearing leather nike outlet store jackets, appeared at the Beijing press conference of the adidas superstar film "Old Gun Er". Which of them is more domineering? The film "Old Gun nike outlet Er" presented a tough man party at the Beijing press adidas yeezy conference. Li Yifeng and Wu Yifan all starred in leather jackets. Li Yifeng's black handsome jacket with white shirt and jordan 11 neat tie shows a gentleman's temperament beneath the tough man's appearance. Some time ago, Li Yifeng also appeared on the christian louboutin sale nike shoes MCM world's first red carpet in spring and summer of 2015 in almost adidas stan smith the same christian louboutin outlet shape. And when Wu Yifan was wearing a leather jacket, christian louboutin shoes it was totally another style. Inside nike store the simple black louboutin shoes cheap jordan shoes jacket, nine-minute trousers red bottom heels reveal white socks, the shape is smart and handsome, more casual, but also more youthful fashionable nike store boy nike air max model. Leather nike outlet store jacket is undoubtedly the best item for handsome and straight men. Not long ago, christian louboutin shoes Huang nike outlet store Xiaoming appeared in the red bottom shoes promotional film "Best Life for a Coquettish Woman", air max wearing a Fendi spring and summer 2015 series of printed nike factory outlet leather clothes, handsome but also witty, christian louboutin shoes with sport shoes full of vitality. On the red carpet of christian louboutin shoes MCM's first show in spring and summer of 2015, Wang Yangming appeared in a metal-colored nike outlet nike air max leather suit full of fashionable modern elements. His concise black-and-white collocation made him instantly the focus. Shortly afterwards, Wang Yangming attended the Taipei media conference of the film "Jiaotou" nike outlet store and made another appearance in the form of leather christian louboutin outlet clothes. This time, cheap jordans nike outlet online he chose a nike outlet online long overcoat-style air max leather clothes to show his tattoo on his arm and his handsome watch. Speaking of leather, tough man, man-like, these keywords, Beckham is absolutely the best representative, Beckham wearing leather clothes can always show his solid cheap christian louboutin shoes figure, such a shape is quite in line with his personal temperament. The unique light-sensitive material of leather clothes highlights the adidas originals taste of successful men and is cheap christian louboutin shoes one of Baiye's favorite items. Orlando Bloom (left); under armour boots Guo nike roshe run Fucheng nike air max (middle); James Franco (right) is just as attractive to women as high heels. Leather christian louboutin sale clothes also nike factory outlet have a unique attraction christian louboutin outlet to men. Tighten close to the body so that the nike factory store broad chest adidas sneakers muscles perfectly cheap christian louboutin present, or generous under armour open can nike factory store also show the broad mind of men! With jeans, adidas sneakers it is easy to nike outlet create handsome cheap christian louboutin and christian louboutin outlet fashionable tough temperament. In the fall and winter series of red bottom shoes men's wear show in 2014, there nike store are many leather jacket models. Major brands incorporate their own unique brand elements into leather jackets to create more changeable and distinctive leather jackets. (Cooperative media: Danbinu women's shoes nike air max Vogue women's shoes)