Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Skills you need for becoming a web developer
04-16-2014, 12:27 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2014 12:31 AM by Tunzwap.)
Skills you need for becoming a web developer
There is a lot of advice on the internet regarding what all things a person need to become a web developer. Although, many include very good advice, many still are quite long winded and include unnecessary extra information and resources that I believe can confuse absolute beginners. Therefore, I am going to have a go at explaining exactly what all languages/skills you need.
<hr/>You need to learn only 4 languages
If you ask an average web developer this question: 'How many computer languages do you know?' They will quickly respond with something like this 'Well I know.... HTML, Css, Php, MySQL, JavaScript, jQuery, Ajax, JSON and XML' and you will be left so overwhelmed by this that you might remove any thoughts of learning web development. The truth is that many of these languages are 'part of' each other or different techniques of the same language; or are not equal to one another in size.

In truth, you really only need to learn 4 languages, which are:
*.HTML
*.CSS
*.A server-side language (you can choose from Php, Ruby, Python, ASP.NET and few others)
*.A client-side language, JavaScript (or jQuery which is just another form of JavaScript)
Learning these 4 languages will be enough for you to create beautiful, dynamic, user friendly websites with great functionality.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2016, 12:06 PM
RE: Skills you need for becoming a web developer
Seems like sound advice. I'm currently studying web development on my own and viewing a bunch of forum related advice. Seems like creating a project about something that interests you is the way to go and stay interested. There's some interesting platforms out there now too that provide you with an entire project format like Odin. Not sure if that's any good or not though, yet.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply